Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sewing party!

I've been putting off starting Rylee's Easter dress because I've been dreading sewing the yoke. It's a fussy little thing and I knew it would annoy me.

But nothing gets the creative fires lit like having the girls over for a sewing party! The girls in this case were the lovely Stacey, aka Hazelmoonfly and her daughter Bailey, aka the precious miss Boo.

Stacey and I have braved a few craft fairs together and we love to get together to spend too much on fabric shop for sewing essentials or talk and talk and talk and talk and chase the girls around our machines sew if we can.

We did actually get some sewing done while the girls enjoyed some parallel play. And I tried to get a few pictures as part of Getting In Front of the Camera, but the girls weren't that cooperative.

Bailey rocking her birthday dress, made with Kitschy Coo's fun-to-sew Mini Mod Dress Pattern in the most fantastic mod fabric I've ever found at the cheapy fabric store.


Rylee in just plain shorts and a t-shirt 'cause the cobbler's daughter got no shoes.



Whistle while you serge, la la la la la la laaaaa

A sadly blurry picture of Stacey learning that her life will have no meaning until she gets a serger of her own.

Between the small amount of sewing we got done and the momentum that pushed me into nap time, I got the dress almost all the way done. Rylee woke up before I could hem it, but I'm kind of glad. She grew since I measured her (!!) and it's a little snug, so I think I'm going to rip out the (invisible) zipper and use a smaller seam allowance.

But here it is with the hem pinned up.

4 comments:

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Cute dress, and look how happy you are serging! (I don't have one, and I'm okay with that.) And mercy, is your friend making curtains or a full-length dress - that looked like a LOT of fabric!!!

auntninn said...

I do love the serger! It was a Christmas present and we're just getting to know each other.

Stacey was making a mobi wrap for someone, so it was a serious amount of fabric.

Kitschy Coo said...

The dress is sweet, you guys are going to look cute together.

I wish I had serger parties!

auntninn said...

Thanks, Amanda. I'm hoping the hat comes out.