Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting in front of the camera

If you took a look at our family photos and used them to try to construct the story of our lives I abandoned Rylee when she was about four months old. And visited her about two times prior to that. This in spite of the fact that she was with me almost literally 24 hours a day for her first nine months and then with me (24 hours - nighttime in her crib) after that and pretty much since.

This is partly because I'm the one who is usually behind the camera. But it's also because I think pictures of me look like this.


Time to get over it. My daughter deserves more pictures documenting our history.  My skirt is done and I'm going to have Eric take pictures of it tomorrow. And when Rylee's little matching dress is finished we'll have some mommy daughter pictures together.

There.

Pinky swear out in the open so now I have to.

2 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

I'm going to take a screen shot of this page so you can't back out! We're a bit like that too, not too many pictures of me, lots of pictures of Steven...

auntninn said...

Do it! I don't want to back out. I'm dreading it, but I sometimes think "what if something happened to me?" Rylee would think I wasn't even there.

And there are a TON of pictures of you!