There are no photos for this post, because my first attempt at a T-shirt muslin was so pathetic that I didn't even bother to sew it together. A pinned together version told the sad, sorry tale. And that tale goes a little something like this.
1. I forgot to add ease. I forgot for my skirt, too, but I took my measurements generously enough that it didn't matter.
2. I made the armhole too small. I measured my t-shirts like she said and when I drafted that size it just looked so weird. So I made it smaller. Turns out weird would at least fit!
3. It was too short. The length I measured failed to take into account the lumps and bumps that would pull the shirt up.
4. I need to quit pretending I'm not as fat as I am and just use the measurements I come up with, no matter how sad I am looking at the pattern pieces.
I should be able to try again this week. I don't know if I'll make the deadline for my final shirt, but I should for my muslin at least!
Happy Birthday Jason!!
1 day ago