Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bob's Your Uncle

Today was the pampering day: Facial, pedicure and haircut. An effort to feel like a normal person who is something more than Mommy. Particularly timely since in the last four weeks Rylee has slept through the night precisely twice (until 6 and 5:30).

But I was feeling pretty sleek with my new, short hair. So I put on my Cool Girl skirt muslin (not shown) and dressed Rylee in her butterfly Kitschy Coo mini-mod dress (which makes such a cool sundress that I'm planning on making at least a dozen more).



Found some open-toed shoes to display my fancy toes, which are polished about once every five years.

And grabbed my two favorite dates.


We ate someplace with candles, dimmed lighting and a kids' menu. (I'm going to write a book someday and the title will be "Two, with a highchair"). The meal lasted over an hour and Rylee was good the whole time. Cause for celebration indeed.

5 comments:

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Holy cow - that was a great day - love the hair! Rylee's face in the first picture looks like, "Yeah, my mom's hot." Good for you!

Kitschy Coo said...

Love the hair too, it's very flattering! Glad you had a nice day :)

KID, MD said...

Yay!!

auntninn said...

Thanks, everyone! Today is the real test - doing the hair myself. :)

Pickled Weasel said...

Awww, lovely! I like your toe nail colour.