Saturday, July 10, 2010

An object lesson

Since I was up -  courtesy of my beloved daughter - at 6am on a Saturday I figured I might as well make pancakes. I retrieved all the fixings from the fridge and Rylee asked to see the eggs.

Figuring it's never too early to teach her to cook I opened the eggs and let her carefully examine the four in the carton. She wanted to hold one so I pulled one out and handed it to her, all the while admonishing her to be careful and gentle.

As I was explaining that eggs are fragile and will break if we drop them, the remaining three eggs fell out of the carton and on to the floor.

2 comments:

KID, MD said...

LOL! Ain't it always the way! My kiddos love to help make eggs. I think the egg breaking is their favorite part!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Doh! She must've been proud of her intact one!